Friday, July 6, 2007

Waiting for the baby. . .

So, now that we are just a week out from the baby's due date the waiting game has definitely begun. The last two weeks at the doctor's visits we have heard great news about how my body is preparing for this upcoming birth and how the baby is basically ready for any moment. Only problem is that has made us expect her any and every day since. The doctor has said that she thinks we won't make it to the due date and we will have our little one before then. . .we just hope she is right. We have been trying our best to stay entertained and busy as best we can in the mean time. We went to a baseball game on Monday, the beach on Tuesday, fireworks and parties on Wednesday. Yesterday evening we didn't have much going on so we decided to take a nice long walk through the neighborhood. Well, wouldn't you know Mother Nature decided to interfere with our plans and when we had just made the turn around to head back home the heavens opened. There was lightning and thunder and it started raining like cats and dogs. And of course, in my current condition, there wasn't much I could do to hurry home any faster. So after about a 20 minute walk in the heavy rain (by the way that's Virginia rain--much different than Utah rain) we made it back home soaking wet! I think I am quite the trooper. You think though that maybe after that great effort the baby would reward me by deciding "it was time". Oh well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is Virginia rain humid too? There is only so many ways to keep cool and at this point, nothing seems to really work! Here's to July babies Heather!
Oh, I feel ya, my doctor originally thought I would go early, but it seems in the last week I have back-tracked. (maybe only in my head) Good luck!

Anonymous said...

You guys look great! I can't believe it's already July and you're due. Although I'm sure you're more than ready to have her. Continue the walking and maybe try vacuuming? I hear it helps. Keep trying to stay busy and occupy your time. That anticipation is killer. We're excited for a Holbrook cousin and can't wait to come and see you guys.

Courtney said...

I love that story of you guys walking in the rain! That happened to Conrad and I once, it was a good memory! Hang in there with the waiting game, enjoy every last minute while she is still in you, take as many naps as you can!!!!