Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Let the Countdown Begin. . .

We are extra excited to say that in exactly one week from today we will be heading home to Utah to visit all our dear family and friends! Hooray!! It seems like it has been forever since we have been home among all of you and we miss you all so much!! With Ella being born in the middle of the summer we were unable to make our annual summer trip home and as a result have really felt the distance this past year. Our hearts are aching to be around those we love and we only hope we can spend quality time with everyone in the 2 short weeks we will be home.

We are, of course, extra eager for everyone to finally meet our 5-month-old bundle of energy who keeps us happy and exhausted at all times. At the same time I am incredibly nervous to take her on her first airplane ride and risk the comfort and happiness of all the other passengers for our 7+ hours of travel to Salt Lake City. I hope it all goes well. Any suggestions for making the traveling experience work? Or maybe I'm imagining it to be worse than it will be in reality? One can only hope. Wish us all luck next Tuesday. We can't wait to see you all.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather-we took Andrew to Albania when he was 5 months old and it actually went better than I had expected. I'm going to email you my thoughts on traveling because I have more than I want to leave on this post! I can't wait to meet Ella and see you. Hooray!

Jacci Halliday said...

Ok I know and live by Beth clayton..so let's all hang out! About traveling do not be afraid of giving her tylenol. Serious. It makes for a happy flight for everyone. Also be sure to "gate-check" your stroller. Keep it all the way until you board and give it to them as you walk on the plane. Best invention ever! Good luck and hope to see you!

Ryan said...

I bet she will be great on the plane. It isn't too bad until they start crawling - that is the worst stage to fly at!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I agree with Steph. Let's do it. Oh and Steph, I need your email to invite you to my blog. You can email me at: eabclayton(at)yahoo.com

Hooray for Holidays to see friends!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Steph. Let's do it. Oh and Steph, I need your email to invite you to my blog. You can email me at: eabclayton(at)yahoo.com

Hooray for Holidays to see friends!

Courtney said...

Just make sure she is sucking on something (binkie, bottle, etc..) during take off and landing, this prevents them from having their ears plugged up and therefore prevents ear aches...(at least that is what my doctor suggested when I was going to travel with Weston the first time) good luck, I am sure everything will be fine, she will probably sleep most of the time...can't wait to see you guys!