All right, so I've been putting off doing this for a while because I never know what to say in response to these silly questions, but I always love reading others' responses so I figured I'd give it a shot.
Cary tagged me with these questions. Here it goes. . .
What I was doing 10 years ago: I would have been 16 and a sophomore in high school. I really enjoyed school and it was very important for me to do well in school, however, knowing it wasn't "cool" to care about school I would act like I didn't care and even talk out during class to show I didn't care. If the teacher caught me and I got in trouble I would secretly feel really bad. On a given night I would either be making music videos with Chaney and Maren, playing card games and talking about boys with Melissa and Lindsey trying to avoid Melissa's crazy dares, or running around the neighborhood with Spencer and Alan. I also would have told everyone I was over my huge junior high school crush on Matt Broadbent, when in reality I think I still had this crush well into my junior year when I finally swore off boys. (However, we all know that didn't last very long)
What I was doing 5 years ago: I would have been a junior at the University of Utah and finally deciding not to go into physical therapy but just get a degree in Exercise and Sport Science and then just see where the road would lead from there. I would have been in IC for Lambda Delta Sigma and developing some really close relationships there. I would have just gotten set up with Brad to go on our first date in 2 days to the Christmas Formal that I was planning. After this date I would develop a huge crush on him but keep it to myself (mostly) because I knew I had a good friend who liked him.
What I was doing one year ago: Keeping our pregnancy a secret because we wanted to tell our families in person at Christmas time (we ended up telling them early anyway). Working full time for a local school district here in Virginia teaching students with disabilities about fitness and how to play sports and stay active.
What I was doing yesterday: Anything to avoid cleaning up the house. . .I really did not feel like tackling that monster! Playing with Ella seeing how many giggles I could get out of her in a day. Talking on the phone with Maren about how it is so hard to let your baby cry, but sometimes it just seems like there is no other way! I spent probably too much time blog-hopping. I was also doing Christmas shopping for all of you (but I'm keeping my mouth shut on what I bought)!
5 snacks I enjoy: Fruit snacks, yogurt, sour watermelons, cheese, and animal cookies
5 places I would run away to: Hawaii, Tahiti, Cancun, The Virgin Islands, really anywhere with beaches, the ocean, and the warm sun. I would also run away anywhere there are no medical school final exams and where babies sleep through the night. Does a place like that exist??
5 TV shows I like : There aren't too many on I like anymore. Favorite all time would of course be Friends. I also like Oprah and Dr. Phil as well as the Today Show in the morning. Brad is really into The Office right now so we have a weekly date watching that. I really liked it last season when there was the whole suspense about Jim and Pam, now that that is resolved I'm looking for some more romance to cheer for.
5 things I hate doing: The dishes! That is definitely the chore I dread doing the most and the one I am avoiding right now by typing in these answers. I also hate letting a baby cry (can you tell we have been having troubles with Ella sleeping lately), I hate being alone, I hate it when you have to sneeze and you can't, and I hate taking the car in to the shop (I always feel like the mechanics take advantage of women who don't know about cars--me!).
5 joys of the moment: Ella's laugh, when Brad gets home from school, hearing Brad play with Ella, having a warm home and bed to sleep in, and our upcoming trip home to visit friends and family.
There you have it. Did I say anything that was really surprising to any of you? Probably not. My life is an open book.
6 comments:
I loved this!!
Sorry messed up the first comments. I appreciate your comments that bring back memories of the High School days even though it was a long time ago for me. I am grateful for the "Line up" (Brad didn't date) and keeping the crush alive. We love having you in the family and for your taking care of Brad and Ella so far away. Look forward to seeing you soon.
good times Heather. You are so fun and I honestly can't wait to see you over the holidays and laugh our heads off like we were sitting in the IC office again, and should I dare say...on the gray couch!
SO UMH FOR SURE I WOULD LOVE TO SEE AL OF YOU... ALTHOUGH WE MAY BE OUT OF TOWN THAT WEEKEND... I WILL LET YOU GUYS KNOW!!!!!! I AM GLAD THAT YOU BLOG FOUND ME!!!!!! I THINK THAT YOUR LITTLE GIRL IS SOOO GOSH DARN CUTE!!!!!!!!!!
Heather -- I am SO proud of you!! Yahoo for being tagged! I loved your comments! aNd p.s. Ella is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute!! Oh my, she has changed!!! We need to figure out our get together because I want to see her!! It would be fun to let her and Hannah play!
Post a Comment