Monday, June 9, 2008

Swimming with the Dolphins

One of our opportunities in the Bahamas was so AMAZING I just had to do a separate post about it. Those of you who know me well know I have always had a somewhat abnormal love of dolphins. In fact, when I was a little one I always used to ask my dad for a swimming pool in our backyard, thinking that if I had a swimming pool then I could have a pet dolphin too!
So Brad, being the thoughtful husband that he is, worked it out with his Dad to give me an excursion on this cruise for Christmas where I would get to go swim with the dolphins. Everyone else thought it sounded cool as well, so we all ended up going along and having such a fun time with these awesome animals! I only wish I could do it every day! I would definitely recommend it to anyone else out there if you get the chance! We got to swim along with them, do hand signals to get them to do tricks, and hug and kiss them.
We took a TON of pictures, but I only included a few of them on this here post in hopes that it won't be too boring.

ENJOY!





4 comments:

Kim Millard said...

I have always wanted to do this. I am so jealous!

Anonymous said...

Heather, that looks so fun. I myself would be terrified. How did you do leaving Ella? Any suggestions? Steve and I are planning to get away just for one night and I am a little anxious. Glad Brad finished and you could take such a tropical trip.

Mandy said...

How awesome! We did that in Hawaii once..they're such amazing animals! How lucky are you??!!

Wright's said...

We fed dolphins at sea world and I was feeling pretty good about that. What an amazing experience. I don't know if I am more jealous of the cruise etc. or your time without kids.
I usually feel bad for people in Med. school they seem to have no life, but you guys are alway going and doing fun things, how good for you.