Thursday, February 12, 2009

Welcome Spring!

We have had a glorious past week or so as the weather has warmed up and we are starting to have our first signs of Spring! There is nothing more exciting to me than the thought of the end to winter. I am such a warm weather girl. . .and I think Ella is too! With the 60-70 degree temperatures we have been enjoying we have been able to do lots of fun things.

Last weekend we went down to the Outer Banks for Brad's annual medical school retreat. We were lucky enough to get an ocean view room and enjoy wonderful weather (for this time of year anyway). Unfortunately our memory card on our camera broke, so I have no pictures to show from that trip. It was loads of fun anyway!
We have also been spending lots of time outside going on walks, playing on the front porch and on the playground in the backyard, and we even ventured out to the zoo with Ella's friend Callie yesterday.

Now, I should say the weather man says we are supposed to cool down again to the upper 40s and low 50s for this weekend, but I am hoping that will pass after a few days and spring will be here to stay. We just love wearing our sandals and not having to wear jackets outside--let's keep our fingers crossed that the warmer weather is here to stay! Doesn't warm weather just put a big smile on your face?

(I feel like I haven't been taking enough pictures lately so I took some of Ella's happiness with our escapades outside and a couple of our trip to the zoo. . . I need to be better in the future!)

Goofing around outside





Playing at the Zoo with Callie


Checking out the giraffes

Alway messing around with her tongue

Watching the monkeys and holding Callie's hand (She loves holding people's hands lately. . .it is so cute)

6 comments:

The Hill Family said...

Like I told you on the phone, I am so jealous. In fact, as I am writing this our heater is still blaring and it is snowing outside. I guess I'll have to be a little more patient for spring. However, I am really excited and totally agree... sunshine does put a smile on my face.

Becca said...

Oh I miss the warm weather! Can you believe that on Sunday it will be a year since we started our trip out there??? I loved being out their for spring and doing so much outside with you guys.
I was looking at your pigtail post about Ella - Emily's first "big girl" pigtails were while we were out at there. I can't believe how big both girls are getting! Time flies!

heidigoseek said...

awwww those pics are sooo cute:) i love the last one especially.

kimbob said...

I'm so jealous for the nice warm weather you've been having. Snow today as I type :( I am so ready for spring and sick of the snow so want it to be gone. Be prepared for when you guys come out, it will probably be COLD! Can't wait to see you guys soon!!

Courtney said...

LOVE LOVE the pigtails! She is adorable...

Anonymous said...

Oh I am aching for spring! Your post made me anxious for sunshine.(and a big storm is on it's way)
Ella is darling, love the pigtails.