Friday, July 10, 2009

Ella is TWO!!

We celebrated Ella's 2nd birthday a couple of days early (on the 4th) since our family was all in town then. We had a birthday party for her with the family where she got to open loads and loads of presents, all of which she LOVED! It was so fun to celebrate with family and we especially appreciate those who sent presents even though they weren't able to make the trip out here! Thanks guys. . . Ella loved it all and enjoyed the extra attention she got!


Opening up presents

Saying thank you


When I asked Ella what kind of cake she wanted for her birthday she said she wanted a strawberry cake. So I made her a strawberry ice cream cake and she seemed to enjoy it. I think she got my tastes in treats. . .if she had her dad's she would have said chocolate for sure!



On the morning of Ella's real birthday her Dad and I had a special surprise present for her. We took out the table and benches in our breakfast nook (which we never use anymore)and turned it into a little playroom for Ella. She went crazy over it and is now constantly asking us to come play with her in there. It will also come in really handy for us as we try to start moving Maggie over into Ella's room and out of ours! It was so fun to give her a present that she appreciates so much!



She also got a "ELLA" book to read. . .


We love our little Ella so much. . .it is amazing to think she is 2 years old. She is so smart and has so much personality. She constantly amazes us with the things she figures out and always makes us laugh with the funny things she says.

She loves doing anything that Mommy does: taking care of babies, cleaning, gardening and cooking seem to be at the top of her list. (Let's hope she still enjoys these things when she is big enough to really help out!) But she is also into trains and trucks, so she is not too girly yet. Oh, and did I mention she LOVES Elmo!

She loves being the center of attention at home and shows off and acts so silly, but when she is around strangers she can be SO shy! It is so funny, if anyone talks to her that she doesn't know she will just stare them down and not say a word. What a silly girl!

We love her so much and just can't imagine our life without her. Happy Birthday Ella, we cannot wait to see what the next year brings!

9 comments:

The Hill Family said...

Happy Birthday Ella! Time sure flies! Pretty Cake Heather, way to go!

Emily said...

Happy Birthday Ella! I can't believe she's two already. We really need to see more of you! Love the cake.

Courtney said...

Happy Birthday darling Ella.
Can't wait to see you in a couple of months!

Becca said...

Happy Birthday Ella! We really do wish we could have celebrated with you guys and been their for the blessing. I'm glad she likes the gift and we definitely need to make up for lost time this fall. Thanks again for Emily's Bday present. She still plays with it everyday. And I love the 'playroom.' Too bad we didn't have that a year ago, huh?

PS July 27th is the big day. The U/S is scheduled for 3:30pm.

kimbob said...

Happy Birthday Ella!! (late sorry)

Anonymous said...

Hey Heather! Thanks for your message on our blog. Yes its exciting that its offical! We hope to be back in Salt Lake soon. Jason just need a job as an RN! He's trying to get on at the University Hospital actually.
Hope to see you guys soon. I read that you'll be in Utah for a few months. Congrats on Brad's accomplishments!! So exciting!
DID U HEAR SARA IS GETTING MARRIED?! :)

Anonymous said...

P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELLA!!! :)

Erin said...

I can't believe she's TWO already! She's such a big girl and just adorable. We miss you guys-

Snarr Family said...

I can't believe she's two years old! Happy Birthday. Did you make a little playroom for Ella? I don't remember that area when we were there last. It looks like she had a blast. We really miss you guys. I can't wait until your here in October. P.S. Could you make me one of those cakes when you are here? No seriously.