Each med student makes a slide representing their character of choice and picks a theme song to accompany it. Then as each student's name is called they come up on stage to their theme song, perform any way they want to and get their "match" envelope. Finally, after everyone has gone, and the clock strikes 1pm, eastern time, they all get to open their envelope at the same time and find out where they will be training for residency.
Our family dressed up as Napolean Dynamite characters. Here is the slide Brad created for us:

And after we all walked up on stage in costume, here is what Brad--er, Napolean--did. . .
The sound quality (and video for that matter) is pretty poor, but you get the idea of what went down!
Some more pictures of the fun. . .
(I have been waiting to do this post until I got a group picture back from those who took them of us, but I am still waiting--so you will have to stay tuned to see what I looked like as Pedro, black mustache and wig and all!)
With the match envelope
A sampling of some costumes and decor
Our good friends, the Millets, in the Lord of the Rings attire
Ella as Deb
Maggie as Tina, the llama
Ella and Callie (Rosy Cotton)
It sure was a lot of fun--I'm glad Brad didn't let me talk him out of going all out and dressing up.
Oh, and a special thanks to Brad's parents who came out for the event and entertained Maggie--without which we surely wouldn't have been able to enjoy ourselves as much!
7 comments:
I just laughed out loud watching the video. That is hilarious! Congrats on the match and maybe you will be in Utah more often. We need to get our girls together.
I can't stop laughing! That is so funny. Sounds like such a party. I love Ella's outfit.
Wooh! Go Brad! You ARE dynamite!
(This is Dan)
Okay I am officially peeing my pants. That was the most awesome thing I have seen in awhile. It looks like Match day was a blast. I can't wait for you to be back in Utah for a visit soon.
And now I simply must say that I have never seen Brad so calm and demure, and even a little 'stuffy?' as Napoleon--and I loved the new dance steps...I hope to see the picture with all of you together to get the full effect...As usual, Brad was a big hit, wasn't he? Congratulations, and I agree with Chaney--we'll hopefully see you in Utah a lot more often! Mom Draper
HaHa! That is so awesome!!!! Now I know what to watch anytime I need a good pick me up. I'm still laughing. So glad he decided to do it. Way to go Brad! We are looking forward to seeing you both soon.
Loved it. I couldn't help but smile. Ella made a great Deb. Can't wait to see your Pedro. Congrats you guys! We're excited for all the upcoming Lake Powell trips. :)
Post a Comment