So, we finally put our house on the market this past weekend. We still have some painting to finish up and some other odds and ends, but we figured we just had to get it listed right away anyway. We literally have been doing nothing else but getting this house ready in the last month. I feel bad for the girls as I feel they have not had the chance to do much that is just fun. We have been trying to keep them busy by building forts with boxes before they head out to storage. It seems to have done the trick!
We are trying For Sale By Owner for the time being, so that we can walk away with a little something in our pockets after our house is sold. We decided we would give it a month, and if nothing is promising at that point we will turn it over to a Realtor. It's hard, I feel like we have a GREAT house and I absolutely think it is the best of its size out there. However, there are just a lot of homes on the market right now and I'm not sure how much we are willing to lower our price and take a loss to get it sold quickly. Wish us luck--please! And if any of you living by us know of someone looking for the cutest little 2 bedroom house around, please spread the word! Wouldn't you all love to live here and sip lemonade on our front porch swing? We have definitely enjoyed all of our time here in our first home!
7 comments:
Good luck! It's a BEAUTIFUL home, I'm sure it will get snatched up quickly.
I wish we were in a place to get it! Sigh... some day.
Cute house! I love the front porch. Good luck selling it.
Your house, as always, looks really nice...my prayers are with you that you can sell it quickly. We're keeping our fingers crossed for the best place for all of you to be on the 18th! Be sure and call us to let us know. Love all of you, Mom
I just love your house, Heather, it is just lovely and has so much charm, it just has to get snatched up quickly, I just know it will and certainly am hoping so! I know this time of your lives is full of so much anticipation...please know you are in our thoughts and prayers as you make all of these preparations and transitions. It's also such a fun and exciting time...may you guys have fun these last few months of med school, CONGRATS!!!
Your house is so cute! I love the wrap-around porch. Good luck in selling it. I'm sure it will sell quickly.
Mike and I are looking for a house, but Virginia is a little too far to travel for work. ;) Hope you get some good offers on it though!
Good luck and hope you can sell it yourself. Also can't wait to hear where you guys will end up!
Post a Comment