Saturday, April 3, 2010

Dear Daddy,

Dear Daddy,

You have been gone a week and a half now and we miss you very much. Mommy is doing okay taking care of us, but it is not the same without you. Yesterday we went to the Botanical Gardens and played in the water fountains and had a picnic. It was lots of fun, but I know if you were there you would have ran and splashed in the water with me. We would have acted silly and crazy and I would have giggled the whole time. Today we went for a walk outside, we were looking for squirrels but we didn't find any. Don't tell Mommy, but she is not as good at spotting squirrels as you are. Later we went and got ice cream, it was really yummy but I wanted to share my ice cream with you and you weren't there. Mommy still sings me songs before I go to bed at night but I like it when you sing me songs the best. She also doesn't do silly kisses with me like you do and we don't play the tickle spider game. . .you really are the best at that. Can you please come home soon Daddy? Maggie crawls around the house saying "Da-da" all day long, I keep telling her that Daddy can't hear you because he is in Africa but she doesn't seem to understand and just says Da-da over and over again. I miss you Daddy and I can't wait to see you soon and give you hugs and tell you I love you, that's what I am going to do when you get home.

Love,
Ella

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow--Ella really knows how to tug at the heart strings, doesn't she? Poor Brad will feel really bad when he sees it...and she's really coming along with language arts, isn't she? I'm sure he'll see through your ploy and know it's your feelings he's reading...You only have a few days left. We love you--all of you. Mom

Brad said...

Hi Ella Bella,

I miss you too and wish I could be around to do all of those fun things with you. I promise that when I get home I will play with you and do tickle spiders with you and spin around with you and dance with you. And we can eat ice cream together and watch Cinderella. I miss you and Mama and Maggie lots and am so excited to see you tomorrow night! I'm going to give you big hugs too.

Be good for Mama. Yo te amo mucho!

kimbob said...

Wow that made me cry! I've been that way lately. Sorry he's been gone so much but hopefully you'll enjoy the time you have together!