Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Long Awaited Day

On May 15th we were able to celebrate the accomplishment that was 5 years in the making! We were so excited for Brad's graduation from medical school. It definitely has been a long road for our whole family--I often tell people that it was far more work and more struggle than either of us could have imagined when we started, but we are proud that Brad made it through it all with a smile on his face.

I have constantly been impressed with Brad and the determination he has placed to meeting this goal of becoming a doctor, but also with his dedication he has kept to his family throughout it all. I have always been very pleased with the amount of time he has been able to give to both his family and to his studies. If he ever erred on the side of giving too much attention and focus in one area it always seemed it was in favor of our little family. I have constantly felt so blessed in this regard and know that it is a blessing that Brad has been able to perform so well in medical school while never neglecting his roles as a husband and a father. The girls and I are so lucky to have him and are so proud of his achievements. Congratulations Brad!! WE LOVE YOU!





Ella's best friend Callie. They have grown up together and Ella already misses her so much!

Brad and Brock went all through med school together

Brad with his parents

We were lucky enough to have my parents and Brad's whole family come out and help us celebrate this big day!




A few pics from the dinner the night before. . .

With Brad's parents. . .

With our good friends the Millet's


7 comments:

The Hill Family said...

Congratulations to all of you. We are so excited for you! Brad will make an excellent Doctor

CJACRUN said...

We are all so proud and excited for our brother Brad and your sweet family.

Catherine said...

I must add that Brad never neglected his church duties either. I don't know how he managed it all! I am so grateful that Dan had such a dedicated counselor for FOUR WHOLE YEARS! We miss you guys!!!

Sarah Jackman said...

Yay - congrats! What a great accomplishment...hope your enjoying new mexico!

kimbob said...

Congrats to Brad and glad to hear you got all moved and hopefully settled now. Can't wait to see you guys sometime soon

Snarr Family said...

Congratulations! We are so happy for you guys. I love the cute pics. It's nice to be able to sort of share in your graduation through your pics.

Jenna said...

Such a sweet experience...one of our favorite days...STILL! So, so HAPPY for your family! Awesome job keeping those priorities straight...Heather and Brad, you are both amazing examples to so many!