Tuesday, March 22, 2011

3rd Time's the Charm

I have to be honest and say that the first two times around I thought we had pretty much mastered the little girl mold, but I guess we still have a thing or two to learn. Although I do think it will be impossible to do any better than we have with the first two, we are certainly going to try with this 3rd girl that will be joining our family in late July or early August! Brad and I will definitely admit that we never would have imagined starting our family with 3 girls in a row, but we are definitely excited about this healthy baby we have and the addition she will be to our family. She has two excited big sisters who we told about this pregnancy just after Christmas. Ella requested a brother "since we didn't have one of those yet", so she will have to wait a little longer to have that request fulfilled. Maggie has said all along that this baby would be a girl.

It has been fun having the extra perks of Brad being an OB this time around. We were able to sneak in early one night while Brad was on call for an ultrasound to confirm a heartbeat. He was also able to correctly diagnose sciatica when it reared it's ugly head one weekend in February without me having to get in to see a doctor. And when the regularly scheduled ultrasound with the u/s tech came up inconclusive as to this baby's gender, Brad was able to do one himself with the fancy 3-D and 4-D machines which gave us an extra look at this little one. This picture below is one of my favorites--we were able to see this sweet baby's face and if you look just under her chin doesn't it look like she is holding a teddy bear? So fun!



The official due date is August 3rd and the plan is that while I am seeing one of Brad's attending physicians for my regular prenatal care, Brad will deliver the baby when the time comes. And while I know he already has more than 150 deliveries under his belt, I am excited to really see him in action so I can believe that this is what he does every day! I'm sure it will be special for both of us.

Wish us luck when the teenage years come and we have 3 girls barely 4 years apart!

14 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Catherine said...

Oh Heather, I am so excited for you! Congratulations! What a lucky little girl she is to be joining your family. I have thought about you a lot and wondered if this news was coming soon. I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly!

Emily said...

Congrats Heather! Very exciting news. I'm sure the girls will be wonderful big sisters. It still weirds me out that Brad is old/responsible enough to deliver babies but I'm sure he's great at it! Hope you are feeling well.

Sarah Jackman said...

That's so exciting! I love that Brad will be able to deliver her!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I hope you're feeling well!

Beth Clayton said...

how fun! Congratulations! Having an OB around would be nice. Excited for you to have 3 girls!

Melanie said...

Congratulations Heather! I'm so happy for you. 3 girls sounds like so much fun!

Rachel said...

Congrats Holbrooks! My parents had 5 girls in a row before they had 2 boys.:) I loved having a lot of sisters! Hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well! We'll be thinking of you guys!

Gpa Holbrook said...

We are excited for our first Grandchild born while we are in Russia. She will be crawling before we get to hold her but you are wonderful parents and Brad loves his girls. I feel sorry for the first boy to try and date them in 16 years. Look forward to seeing her on SKYPE.

Jacci Halliday said...

Yay for 3 girls!!! I guess having to grow up with all brothers you were due for done estrogen. :) so fun that brad is doing OB my dad "caught" me too! Congrats

CJACRUN said...

Awesome. I say 3 girls to go with my 3 boys. :) Although I think there are laws about Jackman and Holbrook blood mixing... would be out of control. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Never mind the teenage years--What about the weddings!!! We love all of you, including this new little girl. Mom

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!! That is so exciting! 3 little girls running around! That's amazing that Brad was able to do all those things! Yay for perks! :)
Oh, and Justin was wondering where Brad's parents are going in Russia. He went to Russia on his mission and was curious what part they were headed to.
Anyway, hope you are doing great and congratulations again!

kimbob said...

I guess I should read blogs more often. I have really slacked the last couple month. CONGRATS!!! Will we see you soon for the wedding?