It doesn't seem weird to me that she is 4 at all, I think partly because I have been telling people she is 4 for the last couple of months mostly to avoid the looks if I tell them I have a 3 year old, 2 year old, and am obviously very pregnant with number 3. But I also think it isn't weird to me that she is 4 because she really does act like she is older than that. To me, it seems that she should be turning 5 and starting kindergarted as she is definitely ready for it and is really very mature for her age. Luckily though I get to still have her around at home for another year. I don't know what I would do without her around to entertain Maggie and help me clean the house!
I really feel so blessed to be Ella's mother and I cannot believe she has only been a part of my life for 4 years. She is gentle and kind. She is sweet, helpful, and humble. She is patient and often sets the example for me when I get impatient with Maggie and she calmly talks to her and helps her out. She likes to be a protector of others and will be the first to put an arm around and comfort a friend or family member who is upset. She loves to learn and is constantly figuring out how to write and read new words. She asks many questions and truly wants to understand everything around her.
One of my favorite things is that everytime Brad comes home from work and we are sitting at the table she asks how his day was. Then she wants to know "What is the first thing you did today?", she listens intently and is always ready with follow-up questions. These can be especially tricky for Brad to answer when he tells her he did surgery to help a lady who is bleeding too much, and she asks where was she bleeding from or how come she didn't get a baby in her tummy when she wanted one. To Brad's credit, he has done a pretty good job in answering all her questions without telling her too much. She then proceeds to ask what was the 2nd thing he did at work, the the 3rd, then the 4th, then the 5th, and so on until she is convinced that Brad told her everything about his day. It makes it hard for anyone else to get a word in at the dinner table, but we enjoy this conversation that Ella seems to look forward to every day and her genuine interest in others.
Every time and anytime we tell her we love her, she replies with "I love you more than you love me". I'm not sure where she got this from, but she is as certain that it is true as I am certain it is not (at least in terms of her dad and I). She tells anyone she is feeling the love for, I love you in the same manner, "I love you more than you love me". It's sweet to hear, and we are glad she feels so much love for others.
She is so excited to be a big sister again and cannot wait for her new little sister to come. She loves seeing some of our friends who have new babies and is so sweet and gentle with them. She will be playing with the older kids and stop what she is doing immediately if she hears so much of a fuss out of the baby and hurry over to help as best she can. She tells me all of the time how she is going to be a mom someday. She used to tell me she was going to have 100 babies, but now she has realized that that is too many and she says she no longer wants that many. Phew!
We love our Ella so much and are grateful for the part she plays in our family.
Happy Birthday Sweet Pea!






3 comments:
What a sweetheart. We love you, Ella!
Grandma and Grandpa H.
She is getting so big! What a cutie! Hope you are all doing well!
Happy Birthday little Ella Bella!
Great pics Heather
Post a Comment