Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Ice Skating

We took the girls ice skating for the first time this past weekend. It was loads of fun--even if it was a bit difficult for the girls to get their balance and even with the few falls they had. The rink had these great little ice walkers the girls were able to use to help them stay on their feet. Ella got to the point where she would either skate super fast while holding on and almost skip along the ice, or she would push it away from her and then skate to it. Maggie started getting her balance figured out by the end as well--although she did have a bit more of a sore bottom. It was a fun night out with the family!




Not a great picture of me--but it at least shows that I was there!


Before heading home Brad had to show the girls how fast he could skate on the ice and decided to hold them all while doing it so they could get the full experience.  I thought he was crazy, and he did admit it was harder than he thought, but at least everyone made it back around the rink in one piece!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ice skating looks like so much fun! You all have such big smiles. I'm sure it's something the girls will remember forever. I did notice, though, that Brad appears to have fallen on the ice a few times, too, judging by his wet knees in the picture. Keep making these happy moments. Pat