Friday, May 25, 2012

Preschool Graduation



We had Ella's preschool graduation this week.  It was a fun event, but Ella was very sad about it all.  She had a great experience at Cross of Hope Preschool and she is going to miss her teachers and friends very much.  We decided to put Ella in a preschool away from home this year since we felt she needed the opportunity to branch out and be on her own a bit more before kindergarten began.  My main hope was that she would overcome some of her extreme shyness and gain confidence in herself.  While I would still consider her "shy", she has really branched out a lot and learned to stand up for herself and is no longer afraid of being in front of groups.  We are very proud of her!


Ella's cheering section


Ella and Natalie--Ella's favorite friend she made at preschool this year
Ella and her teachers---Miss Donna and Miss Janna
In the last few weeks as her teachers discovered her reading abilities, they began giving her the chance to read a book to one of them each day and get a sticker for it.  I was really glad that they changed the curriculum a bit and gave her this opportunity.  After the first time they commented to me that the early reader books they had were just too easy for Ella and that they would get some more difficult ones next time.  The last week of preschool they again expressed their amazement with her reading abilities and said that they think she is already at least at a 2nd grade reading level!  I knew she was reading well, but this comment even surprised me.  I hope we can keep up with her interest in reading and continue to challenge her as well!
Ella and Mommy
(I really am trying to get better at making sure I make it in a few pictures too :))

No comments: