Sunday, August 26, 2012

Goodbye to Jessie

My parents dog Jessie died this weekend.  Our girls have loved spending time with her recently when we've gone to Utah to visit.  I think the fact that she had gotten so old was nice for them--she was extremely calm and they were very comfortable around her.  In recent months she had lost her hearing and her appetitie.  Brad and I both said on our last visit there that we didn't think she would be around by our next time there.

I told the girls the sad news at dinner tonight.  They both seemed sad about it, but we talked about how Jessie was probably a lot happier now and felt better than she had in her last few months here on earth.  About an hour later I noticed Maggie lost in thought.  She then surprised me with,  "Mommy, remember how Jesus was resurrected?"   "Remember how he died and then lived again?"  "I want Jessie to live again too." (Said in her sweetest of voices)

Made my heart melt.  

No comments: