Thursday, December 13, 2012

Annual Tree hunt

 We had some odd adventures on our tree hunt this year when our car started making some AWFUL grinding and popping noises in reverse and whenever we put on the brakes.  We were really worried that it was going to be something major and were hoping we wouldn't get stranded in the middle of nowhere.  We cut our tree hunt a little short because of it and decided to just find the next tree that would work and call it good.  Not as "fun" as in years past as a result, but we still made some good memories!  Oh, and in case you were wondering, Brad jacked up the car when we got home in order to try and figure out what was going on (since no mechanics were available on a Saturday afternoon).  Once he got the wheel off he noticed a bolt missing on the brake caliper and realized that was causing our problems...it must have been shook loose on the dirt roads.  After ordering the $13 part Brad fixed the car and we haven't had another problem since!  I'm so glad my husband is so handy---I'm sure it saved us a whole bunch of money!

Photobucket


Photobucket

The girls took a snack and hot chocolate break (even though it was 50-60 degrees) while Daddy was loading the tree on the car.
Photobucket


Photobucket

Above is Hadley telling me the hot chocolate was "yum, yum, yum", then I asked her if she liked it and below is the face I got in response!  No lie---it was too funny!
Photobucket





Photobucket



Photobucket

3 comments:

Conrad S said...

Brad's hands are too valuable to be changing calipers. :)

Looks fun.

Courtney said...

Love that you guys do that tradition. I bet your girls will do the same with their families.

So fun.

dynamike said...

That photo of Hadley is priceless!