Monday, December 2, 2013

Annual Christmas Tree Hunt

We made our annual trip out to the Cibola National Forest to find our Christmas tree.  We had a lot more options for good trees this year than in years past, which ended up leading to some debate about which one to get.  Brad and I were not in agreement, I wanted a skinnier one so it would take up less space in our living room, while Brad was fond of a much wider tree.  He graciously gave up his "dream tree" for mine.  I think he still wishes he had the other one, but we ended up with this 9 ft tree that fits nicely in the corner of our living room.    Here is the family in front of our choice (you'll have to picture me with the camera and Myla in the baby bjorn and I'll have to do better about turning the camera around next time!).
 
 Ella and Daddy had to do the hard work of cutting the tree down--Brad needs a new saw for next time!  Brad carried it to the car and Ella and Maggie got to climb on top to help him tie it down (a first for them and very exciting) while Hadley snacked in the car and I fed little Myla. 
 We watched a Christmas movie on the way home and enjoyed one of our favorite holiday traditions as a family.
 
It is certainly feeling more like Christmas now after getting the tree up in our house!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love your tree...it looks very pretty and the gifts look great underneath it, too. Great job of decorating...and I get to see it in person this year. That's unusual...Grandma D.