My last week at work, one of the four schools I travel to everyday threw me a baby shower. It was a lot of fun, and I got really spoiled. The whole class I teach went in on a jogging stroller for me that I had registered for (which was really expensive). They said that they thought it was an appropriate gift since I was always trying to teach my kids about staying active and exercising. It was a real surprise and was very sweet. I can't believe how generous they were. . . in addition to the stroller some of the teachers bought me some fun stuff (ie clothes) as well. I really wasn't expecting anything like that, but am grateful for how nice they have always been to me there at work. I thought I would post a picture of me with my students since some of you may be interested in seeing who I have been working with on a daily basis for the past two years. This is just one of my 5 classes that I teach, but I have to admit they are probably one of my favorites--there are a lot of fun personalities in this one. They all made me promise that I would come back and visit next year, so I think I will sometime. The second picture shows my favorite student of them all (the one looking at the camera). Her name is Sade and she is loads of fun! She makes everyone she meets just melt immediately (including Brad. . ..she was able to get him to tickle her arm for about a half-hour straight. . .he won't even do that for me). I will really miss seeing her. Anyway, all in all it was fun to have that shower and I am definitely looking forward to trying out my jogging stroller soon!
Friday, June 29, 2007
Baby Shower
My last week at work, one of the four schools I travel to everyday threw me a baby shower. It was a lot of fun, and I got really spoiled. The whole class I teach went in on a jogging stroller for me that I had registered for (which was really expensive). They said that they thought it was an appropriate gift since I was always trying to teach my kids about staying active and exercising. It was a real surprise and was very sweet. I can't believe how generous they were. . . in addition to the stroller some of the teachers bought me some fun stuff (ie clothes) as well. I really wasn't expecting anything like that, but am grateful for how nice they have always been to me there at work. I thought I would post a picture of me with my students since some of you may be interested in seeing who I have been working with on a daily basis for the past two years. This is just one of my 5 classes that I teach, but I have to admit they are probably one of my favorites--there are a lot of fun personalities in this one. They all made me promise that I would come back and visit next year, so I think I will sometime. The second picture shows my favorite student of them all (the one looking at the camera). Her name is Sade and she is loads of fun! She makes everyone she meets just melt immediately (including Brad. . ..she was able to get him to tickle her arm for about a half-hour straight. . .he won't even do that for me). I will really miss seeing her. Anyway, all in all it was fun to have that shower and I am definitely looking forward to trying out my jogging stroller soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is great news. I guarentee you will go back. After 3 years in special needs mutual, I think of them all the time and have gone back more than once. Your service will never be forgotten by them or their families.
Dad H
That is so exciting about the jogging stroller, I used mine ALL THE TIME!!!! Especially when Weston was like 2 -10 months old. You will absolutely love it. I am actually in the market for another one, the one I got was great but it was just at Target and it was like 100.00, it works pretty well, but would like to upgrade. Anyway, that is so exciting!
Thanks for these pictures. It was really nice to see who you've been spending time with the past few years. Your job looks really fulfilling. I bet they will miss ya. Someone has too. Just teasing. Love ya
Post a Comment