Monday, July 2, 2007

Our New Car




So we did it. Brad and I decided we needed a bigger car with all the baby gear we are now going to have to tote around, so we decided there was no time better than now. We got a new Nissan Murano. . . which we totally love! It is really cute, has a lot more room, but still gets pretty good gas mileage for a bigger car. We are really excited about it. What do you think?
All right, all right--We wish! In all reality we had a check engine light come on in our car, took it into the dealership after doing the standard stuff of changing spark plugs and that, and found out we had a blown head gasket! Ugh! Luckily, it is covered under warranty so we don't have to pay to get it fixed. . . otherwise we would be sending around the donation jar. Anyway, they gave us a rental car while they fix our car. I was a little surprised when Brad showed up back at home in this $32,000+ car. I was hoping he hadn't made a big decision without me! Luckily he didn't. Do you think they are trying to convince us to upgrade and give them more money since we have our car paid off?? My guess is yes. But I understand how that ploy works. . .Brad and I have been enjoying dreaming of all of the fun and comfort we could have driving around in this new set of wheels. We hope they take their sweet time fixing our car so we can enjoy this one a little longer and dream of the possibilities.

4 comments:

Gpa Holbrook said...

Wow - I was impressed for a second and then concerned. Heather, don't go in labor to soon. you never know what might happen if you are in the hospital and Brad has to take that back??? It wouldn't be the first Nissan Sentra he made disappear? If you want me to bring the paperwork, I could get you a deal when I come out!!!

Courtney said...

Oh c'mon you should totally buy it, we just bought a car that we probably shouldn't have (see blog)...you will need a bigger car with that baby!!!!!

Anonymous said...

always the teaser Heather! I was thinking that medical school must be treating you two well.
Enjoy the rental and don't get sucked into the marketing of the dealership...although it is dreamy!

Anonymous said...

Had me going there with your new car, but then I remembered that you had told me you hoped that maybe next year you could do something like that. I hope you can, too, but was worried about it right now. You are a good talker, aren't you?