While our families were in town we took Ella to the beach for the first time. I can't say the experience was too exciting for her, as she had a paranoid mother who didn't want her to be in the sun. I only let her stay for about an hour (we timed it in-between those frequent feedings) and insisted she stayed covered up under the beach umbrella for pretty much the entire time. Her more adventurous father however, did get here dolled up in her adorable swimsuit and had her feel the waves for the first time for a few minutes. Daddy loved it, but Ella didn't enjoy it so much and seemed to give her dad the "how could you" look after each dunk in the water. We do hope that as she gets bigger she decides she likes the beach after all, as I don't know that any child would survive in our family without loving the beach as much as mom and dad do!
Wednesday, August 1, 2007
Another First: The Ocean
While our families were in town we took Ella to the beach for the first time. I can't say the experience was too exciting for her, as she had a paranoid mother who didn't want her to be in the sun. I only let her stay for about an hour (we timed it in-between those frequent feedings) and insisted she stayed covered up under the beach umbrella for pretty much the entire time. Her more adventurous father however, did get here dolled up in her adorable swimsuit and had her feel the waves for the first time for a few minutes. Daddy loved it, but Ella didn't enjoy it so much and seemed to give her dad the "how could you" look after each dunk in the water. We do hope that as she gets bigger she decides she likes the beach after all, as I don't know that any child would survive in our family without loving the beach as much as mom and dad do!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That swimsuit is to die for, Ellas' not Brads:)
She is so sweet. We can't wait to meet her.
PS. Her baby announcement was so so darling. It is hanging up on our fridge right now so Weston can look at his girlfriend everyday:)
How fun!!! Your family is so supportive to come out there. I bet your parents are the cutest Grandparents. I bet Ella is Grandpa Draper's little girl. We can't wait to see her. We will try to come out in the next few months.
So so cute! I love that the hat and suit (which are probably so tiny) look big on her because she's so eensy!
It was so fun to see the pix you took at the beach. She is awfully cute, and the suit is darling. Don't worry, she'll have plenty of time to learn to like it.
Ella is just darling! I am sure that she will be a little water baby before too long!
Post a Comment