Well it is obviously that time of year when we all try to reflect on the things we are thankful for. I know I have SO many things to be thankful for and because of this generally find it too exhausting to write a list of thanks. But today I am thinking that it is probably an important thing for me to do even if there is no way that I will be able to write them all down. I think that by just stating each blessing and giving it a name I will probably come to appreciate them all more. So bear with me as I express some of the things I am grateful for:
A husband who. . .
knows how to have fun, knows how to relax, holds the priesthood, laughs out loud, tells me I'm beautiful, is laid back, doesn't stress, appreciates my cooking, enjoys watching sports, is a WONDERFUL father, is humble, smiles often, loves to cuddle, keeps me grounded, kisses me and hugs me every time he comes home, is smart, is kind, is a good friend, always keeps a secret, always speaks kind words about everyone, encourages me in everything, is trustworthy
A daughter who,
is healthy, always smiles when I come into her room, has the cutest giggle, keeps me busy, takes naps, teaches me how to be less selfish, makes me want to be a better person, helps me learn patience, is so interested in the world around her, made me a mom
A family who,
taught me the gospel at a young age, always sacrificed for me, put up with my impulses, allowed me to be the center of attention, taught me how to love, taught me how to be loved, provided for all my needs, allowed me to develop close relationships with grandparents, taught me how to serve others
Friends who,
are dependable, know how to laugh, are there in good times and bad, came into my life at exactly the right time, I can talk to for hours even if we've been apart for a long time, are examples, encourage me to be better, know my history, will be there in the future
The beauties of the earth
The comforts of home
A warm bed to sleep in
The smells of chocolate chip cookies baking
The warmth of a good hug
Cars to get around in
Airplanes to travel in
The warmth of the sun
Saturdays and Sundays
Good neighbors
Good health
Wisdom that comes with aging (hopefully)
Experiences good and bad
An Education
Freedom
Women's rights
Modern medicine
The gospel
The Savior
A loving Heavenly Father
Never having to know want
And so much more. . .
3 comments:
Wow! That list of yours really shows the things that are very important to you. It also gives me pause to think that you are our wonderful daughter who taught us so much about life and the enjoyment of it. In your humble, sweet way, you teach little Ella and you teach me things daily.
You forgot to put the infamous Bradden Taylor Cannon who is the one that made you two fall in love! Besides it is your month, Turkey Month, you were born to love and be grateful for this month! I hope all is well and that you two are happy! You two always put a smile on my face, because you two are so perfect for each other!
very well said Heather...
Post a Comment