
I'm sure today for many people our thoughts have turned to our beloved prophet President Hinckley who left us yesterday. What an example and inspiration he has been to me as I'm sure he has been to many of you. While there are so many reasons to love and admire this man and so many ways in which he will be missed, I find myself continuing to think of the wonderful reunion I am sure he is enjoying right now with his beloved wife. What I always loved most about President Hinckley was the way he loved, honored and revered his wife. After his wife passed I felt that I saw such a sadness in his eyes as he longed to be with her once again. I saw her tombstone in the Salt Lake City Cemetery and on it he had inscribed, "Beloved Eternal Companion". I thought that phrase was so sweet and so poignant. I hope we will all enjoy and realize the blessings of a beloved eternal companion, just as President Hinckley did and that we will all look forward to that day when we can be reunited with those we have loved so much and lost. What peace the gospel brings!
2 comments:
He always had a great sense of humor. I noticed on Monday (the day after he passed) that the Institute got the new pictures of the First Presidency with President Eyring. I think that he would have found that hilarious that the day after he died, we got the new pictures (and they were already out of date)!
Post a Comment