Monday, February 4, 2008

Weekend Retreat: The Outer Banks

This past weekend we were able to drive the 1 1/2 hours it takes us to get down to the Outer Banks and spend the weekend there with Brad's medical school. Each year they have a winter retreat, most often to the Outer Banks, for all the medical students and their families. They provide the hotel, the food, and the entertainment for all of us. It's always a lot of fun anf provides us the opportunity to forget about the usual stresses that accompany medical school. We spent most of our time swimming in the pool and eating (neither of which did I capture with the camera). Here are a few photo highlights of some of the other things we enjoyed doing this weekend:


Ella got to try out bowling for the first time. She was able to beat her daddy's score, but didn't come close to her mom's. (And that is not because Dad was nicer and wanted to "let" her win!)



We got to spend some time walking on the beach. Not exactly beach weather, but you can't really complain about 6o degree days the first weekend of February, can you?


Ella got to try out her first arcade game. She definitely did better than I did in this one. Not a surprise to any of you who have ever watched me try to play a video game!

Ella also got to ride on her first merry-go-round. She enjoyed it more than she looks like she did in this picture.

All in all it was a fun weekend and we can't wait for the next weekend where Brad can take a break from studying!

2 comments:

Taylor, Melanie and Grace said...

I love the Outer Banks! That's where Taylor and I went on our honeymoon and I've also been there a couple of other times. It is so beautiful! I'm glad you had fun. :)

Snarr Family said...

You are looking really good Heather!!!! You look tiny.

Chaney