Here's the story. . . we went down to the Oceanfront last weekend. It was the Atlantic Coast Kite-Flying competition and there were a lot of festivities to enjoy. Soon after we got there a group of street performers (break dancers in this case)came on the boardwalk and started doing a show. We decided to stick around and enjoy. During the show they came out in the audience and got some volunteers, one of which was Brad. He figured they would use him as a stunt prop or something. . .boy was he wrong! He had unknowingly been chosen to take part in a dance-off! I immediately started laughing and felt bad for Brad as he was obviously in a very embarrassing situation in front of about a hundred people or so. But let me tell you, Brad stepped up to the competition, and to make a long story short, won the dance-off with some fantastically surprising moves. I mean, he had moves I had never seen! I also think he was the underdog in the group. . .let's just say that the other competitors had a little more "soul". The audience voted by cheering for the best dancer and Brad smoked the competition! It was hilarious!! Ella just sat there mesmerized. . .I think she was very confused by what her father was doing. It was so much fun and I was so proud! I'm glad I am married to a man who is not afraid to embarrass himself in the name of fun. So next time you see Brad ask him to see some of his winning moves!!
Sadly, when the competition started I got out the camera to take a few pictures and my batteries died before I could get a shot taken. In all of the excitement I couldn't fumble through the replacement batteries in time to capture the moment. I thought I'd put up a few pictures of the rest of our day just for fun anyway.
5 comments:
we will for sure have to see some of those moves...that is hilarious....Conrad would NEVER do something like that....
Congratulations Brad! YOu should try out for the show
That is so funny! Brad is such a good sport for making the most of it. I would have been scared stiff! Looks like a fun day at the beach!
What a hoot. Your blog brings smiles to my face.
That is so hilarious. I wish I could have been there. I would have paid money to see Brad. That's a good idea, maybe Brad can make some extra cash on the side of medical school. He can go down to the peir and dance for everyone. I wish we could visit you guys again before we moved. I'm sad we won't get to come again. Your pictures make me miss Norfolk. Love you guys, Chaney
Post a Comment