How did we enjoy Brad's day off today??
1. Ella getting at least 3 of her molars in at the same time (that's all I've been able to find from looking in her mouth (. . .there is no way I would dare sticking my fingers in!) and waking up at 5-5:30am every morning as a result of it. (At least this is the only explanation I can come up with for the early wake up calls!)
2. Leaving a not too impressive yard sale only to have Ella lock herself in the car while strapped into the car seat and playing with my keys. She kept pushing the button over and over, but only managed to hit the "lock" button--never the "unlock", of course. Brad had to rescue us--thankfully this was the one Saturday morning he gets off every 3 months! I had a very upset baby on my hands by the time he got to us and I was a very worried mother!
3. Planning to start our patio project in our backyard, and purchasing all the equipment to set it up and lay it out. We get home from Home Depot only to find our refrigerator has stopped working and our freezer is dripping everywhere and all of our food has gone soft. Of course, since it is a Saturday, no one can come out to look at it until Monday. Brad and I tinker around with it to see if we can fix it; we finally give up and buy some ice and put everything we can in coolers hoping we can salvage some of our food. The repair man will come out on Monday (hopefully).
4. Getting swarmed by mosquitoes in our backyard. They are the worst this time of year, and I would say the rampant mosquitoes are the thing I detest most about coastal Virginia. Have you ever read Chesapeake by James Michener?? He talks about how horrible the mosquitoes were for the Indians and settlers and I can attest to this first-hand. I told Brad that I think I look like I have "the pox" and have been super dramatic about my scabs and welts! I hate them SO bad!!
There you have it. I know, really nothing too horrible but it is definitely not what I had planned for my day. On the bright side, at least I had Brad to share it all with rather than dealing with everything on my own, right??
I hope our next day off together will be a little more fun and a little more productive . . .
7 comments:
Thankfully, it seems those days only come around every once in a while. Think about the worst case scenario with Ella and the keys: what if it had happened next weekend when Brad will be in Michigan???? Things could always be worse!!! I hope the repairman can determine what's wrong with the fridge and that you don't have to throw out a lot of stuff...I also hope Ella is recovering from all those teeth coming in at once...remember, I suggested her runny nose of a couple of weeks ago just might be molar teeth coming in. Was I right or what!?! Just remember that we all love you. Mom
Oh those days are the worst! It's always your most carefully laid plans that go awry, right? John took the day off work a couple of weeks ago so we could tackle some house projects and ended up getting sick and staying in bed all day. :(
Hi Brad! It's your cousin, JoAnna!! it's been fun to read up on your cute family! I didn't know you were in med school! Good luck! My hubby is in his 4th year of gen surg residency. What a ride!
Eek! Some days are spent better in bed!! Glad the car wasn't running! I think the phrase.."that which does not kill us makes us stronger" applies here!
are you kidding me?! Heather, what a day! I'm glad you were able to get the keys to the car. Crazy. Peter is also teething and the week he got a molar and a baby tooth we were in Bear Lake(hense the 5am wakings) and when we got home, our power had gone out and everything in our freezer had melted and leaked into the fridge! I forgot until I read your post. So I guess you really do forget all the bad/crazy/ugly stuff! love ya babe
What a day to remember. But like you said at least Brad got to share it with you :) Hopefully things will get better, the teeth come in, the repairman could fix the fridge and that the project gets complete along with the mosquito bites going away.
I was out camping in the middle of summer this year and I put Listerine on my body for the mosquitos. And it worked like a charm. I never got bit once and neither did Kiyah. It is weird but it works. Try it then you won't have to worry about getting bit and Ella can still play outside.
Post a Comment