Thursday, September 18, 2008

New Pictures

We were lucky enough to find a great photographer in our ward who took some pictures of Ella to mark her 1st birthday. By the time we were able to work around his schedule and Brad's schedule it was a month or so after her birthday, but we finally were able to get a slot for a photo shoot!

We decided to get them taken at the beach since that is Ella's favorite place right now. . .we figured it would really capture her personality right now. The only problem we had is keeping Ella out of the water! We were only successful for about 5 minutes--which is why almost all of the shots are WET! I am SO happy with the way they turned out, I love how they are all so natural and not posed. Thought I would share them with all of you!





I love this picture of Ella running away from us on the beach. It really shows so much of her personality. She is a tease and she loves for us to chase her. Whenever we do she squeals with delight. I also love that you can see her footprints in the sand behind her.



This picture shows another side of Ella. Whenever she is around someone new or in a new place she gets really quiet at first and just studies everything. After being extra observant for about 5 minutes or so, and deciding that everything is okay, she perks back up and warms up to people very quickly. However, in the meantime, this is the face you often see.




Playing with Daddy is always so much fun!





I love the expression on her face in this one!

7 comments:

Cary said...

Heather, these pictures are so cute! I cannot believe how big Ella is! She is beautiful! I am glad things are going well for you guys!!

kimbob said...

Those are darling pictures! I do love when they aren't in a studio and they can run or do whatever! I love the one with you guys walking holding her hands and also Brad throwing her up in the air.

Melanie said...

Those are just priceless! I LOVE the one of Ella just sitting in the water and loaving it. Great pictures. And thank you so much for your comment. I really appreciate the input! I would love to do a session for you when you come home for Christmas!

Bradden, Sunny, Hyrum, and Olivia Cannon said...

What a cute little family!

Snarr Family said...

Thanks for showing the pics Heather. They turned out great. Ella is so cute. Plus did you know you are tiny? You look great. I think you will always look back on these pics and remember Norfolk. I love you guys.
Chaney

Jessica Draper said...

Your pic's turned out great! Ella is such a doll! What a great background. I think you'll be very glad you took them at the beach when your back here in the West in the future(we hope!!!). Love you guys!

Snarr Family said...

That first picture is AWESOME! I think you should frame that one as your memory of Medical School on the east coast. I wish I had a picture like that to remind me of West Virginia! I love it.