Thursday, September 4, 2008

Weekends Away

Brad and I spent last weekend away from each other. Brad had the opportunity to go up with the men in his family to the Utah vs Michigan game and cheer on our Utes! (I was super jealous). While in Detroit and Ann Arbor they were able to catch a Detroit Tigers Baseball game as well as the U of U game. I know Brad had a lot of fun and I am glad he got to have a fun weekend away (even if I couldn't join him), especially after the stressful times he has had on his surgery rotation.








Ella and I spent our time hanging out at the beach and watching all the dolphin families swim off shore. We also worked on getting the house ready for our annual Labor Day barbecue for all the Mormon Med Students out here. We had a great crowd this year, but unfortunately, I took no pictures as I was too busy trying to be the hostess with the mostest! Oh well, maybe I'll capture the memories next year (which will be our last year--CRAZY!!)



8 comments:

Gpa Holbrook said...

Sorry you couldn't join us - we did have a good time. Remember Notre Dame in 2010. Hopefully we can do a guys and girl thing. I miss not being with Arline and this trip was the first time Jeff and Becca were not together at night since they were married.
Ella is really becoming a "beach bum". When you move back to Salt Lake you will need to build a HUGE sandbox.

Mandy said...

Still looks like a blast! How cool to have gone to the Michigan and be one of the few in RED!

Caitlyn said...

Hey doll! I was reading Marie's blog and saw your name. I just had to check it out. University of Utah is pretty cool but still not BYU. :) Ella is so dang cute! Thanks again for having us over for the Labor Day Bbq. It was a blast and your home is so cute! Thanks again!

Melanie said...

Wow, that's awesome Brad got to go to the U and Michigan game. What a game it was too! I'm glad your BBQ turned out well.

kimbob said...

I'm sorry you didn't get to go on the trip but why waste your time with Utah, now BYU would have been totally worth it!!! :) I'm glad you and Ella had a good time. Jenni and Brenda are coming to New Hampshire (I think) and Boston on Thursday for the Nascar race.

The Hill Family said...

Sounds fun! I have to admit though, I think that Heather got the better deal. I LOVE the beach, football games...not so much! Wish we were there with you!

Snarr Family said...

Oh how I wish I could be there with you guys. I'm jealous about the dolphin watching. I wish the kids could play together at the beach. I don't even think Chance has been to the beach since last time we were out there. Ella looks cute in the sand. I hope you are doing good. Thanks for all the advice lately. Chaney

Courtney said...

Conrad was jelous that Brad went to a U game....we miss you guys!