Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Let the countdown begin. . .

In a week from today we get to have our big ultrasound--I am so super excited. Hopefully we will find out that everything is normal and this baby is as healthy as can be. But, of course I am also looking forward to finding out if we are having a boy or girl!! We get to go in a little early since we will be out of town when I would normally have the ultrasound, and I definitely won't complain about that. (The only thing I would complain about is if they can't quite see everything they need to--the heart and such--and we have to pay for a second one!!) So keep your fingers crossed for us and hopefully we will have only good news to report next week.

We also thought about starting a little poll for all of our blog followers out there (all 2 of you). Give us your best guess for gender, date of birth, and weight. When the little one arrives we will check back and see who is closest. (You have to put in your suggestions before we tell you ourselves next week though--no cheaters!) And if you are closest you will get to name the child, so include your name suggestion in your comment! Okay, not really, but there's always a chance, we will at least consider it. Maybe we'll use your name as a nickname--how does that sound?

Happy guessing. . .I'm looking forward to the more "creative" responses!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just creative name suggestions from me...
Boys:
Jackman**not creative...but the BEST!
Felix
Magnus
Scorpio
Octavius
Crosby

Girls:
Lativia
Matilda
Grinadine
Felt

Ok...so now you see why Sarah doesnt even ask for suggestions...

THE ADAMS said...

I think that you are going to have a girl. I really like Adrianna, with a long A in the middle, not a southern A like Ana. Other thoughts are Christa, and Lillian.

kimbob said...

That is exciting we'll soon know, it's already gone fast! Can't wait to see you guys soon and play games!!
I hope you have a boy, good names are always Cole, Jake, Chase, Xander. No really I don't know I'm done worrying about that. Bob is official!!

Cary said...

Yahoo! Congrats to you guys! I must say I did know your little secret but I am glad it is out offically! We find out what we are having tommorrow and I am super excited!!! Good luck to ya! And I am super excited to see you over the holidays!

Anonymous said...

I bet its a girl! I would name her Katelynn if she were my child, and I think you'll have her 4 days before your due date!
Can't wait for the results!

Little Hensley Fam said...

I think you're going to have a boy and you'll be a week early! Oh and I'm guessing about 7lbs. 8oz. for the weight... and for boy names... I think Jonas and Wyatt are the best.. but those are taken..lol! So how about:
Kepler
Quinton or Quinn
Isaac
Isaiah

Okay so some of thoes might seem strange, but hey you asked for some suggestions!
Can't wait to see what you guys have coming!
I have no suggestions for girl names.. I used mine up! =)

Nicole said...

I think you'll have another girl, and she'll be born on the 6th (of May) and weigh 7.5 pounds. I like the names Amanda, Elizabeth, Erika/Erica (with a k is the more creative way to spell it ;-P) and Melissa. Sorry none of them are extremely creative. Those are just names that I like. See you guys soon!

Nicole said...

I also like Andrea (and call her Andi)

Jacci Halliday said...

I think you are having girl #2 and that she will come 1 week early weighing in at 7# 2oz. She will be named LaFawnduh...duh for short..HA!

Snarr Family said...

I can't remember when you are due exactly. I'm guessing the little one will come one day early. I think you are having a girl. I think she will weigh 7 pounds 7 ounces. I love the name Jane. I also love, love, love the name Chaney. (hint, hint)
If it's a boy I love the name Noah, Caden, Trace and Bobbert!!!!!