We obviously had to go get her stitches (but only 2 of them)right away, and of course all that was open was the emergency room. (While Brad knows how to do stitches he felt a little uncomfortable doing it on his less than 2 year old daughter without anything to numb it! I'll be excited when he can handle it on his own after the next year and a half). Oh well, at least we're sure to meet our deductible this year with the baby coming in 3 short weeks!
By the way, I have to say I think Brad felt worse about it than Ella did. He just kept saying how awful he felt that he couldn't protect his little girl and now she would have a scar. What a sweet daddy!
6 comments:
oh so sad. stiches are no fun. (they actually have done the glue thing with my boys) I hope she heals soon. She is a cutie.
Stitches are not fun especially when they have to wrap them all up. I've had to do it twice with Jake, the others have had none. She's cute posing for her pictures. Cute Brad to want to protect her and will be nice that he can soon do it. Good luck the next 3 weeks, will be waiting for the news!!
Tell Ella that Grandma Draper is very sad that happened to her, but you might want to tell her that her mother had forehead stitches one time too. As I remember, they put Heather in something rather like a mummy suit to keep her from grabbing and fighting. But she survived, just like Ella will. And I'm pretty sure the scar will hardly be noticeable--someday! Love all of you. Mom
Now she finally has a scar to match Emily. although Emily's was at a much younger age, and between stitches and immunizations, she still screams when we're at the doctor's office.
Poor Ella. But she looks pretty happy in the pictures. If Brad feels bad he can't protect her now, just wait until she starts dating. Good luck in the next few weeks. I can't wait to hear when the new one comes. I'm sure your Mom will tell my Mom and then tell me.
I'm impressed she has made it this long without a bleeder! That is so sad. She'll love the battle wound pictures in the future.
Post a Comment