Saturday, December 26, 2009

We Wish You a Merry Christmas!

We had a wonderful Christmas spent with our families in Utah. Santa was very good to our girls this year, but their grandparents were even better--imagine that!

When we asked Ella what she wanted Santa to bring her for Christmas she always said she wanted books. I love how she is so simple to please--she never wants anything extravagant. (Hopefully that is a trait that will remain, however I'm sure that is wishful thinking). It was especially nice that she just wanted books this year, considering the fact that anything Santa brought has to travel with us on an airplane in a week of so. Ella still got a few toys, but mostly got a ton of new books that she is already memorizing and beginning to read to herself. Maggie also got a few new (little) toys to enjoy. I really feel we were able to keep Christmas very simple this year. This has always been a goal of Brad and mine's and I think this is the first year we were actually able to pull it off and not go overboard.
Hopefully we can keep it up in the future when our kids are old enough to know the difference!

Here are a few pics of the festivities with our families and a handful of the presents. . .











No comments: