I asked her what she was doing. She said she had built a motorboat with her books. She asked me to come get in so we could take the motorboat over to the choo-choo train. I thought it was so funny and so creative. I don't know what made her think to do that--we have never used her books to build anything and we have never really talked about motorboats! The only thing I can figure is she had motorboats in her head from a song Grandma Holbrook sang to her at Christmas time. I just love getting the chance to peek inside the mind of a 2 1/2 year old! We then spent the next half hour or so riding on the motorboat, taking it apart and rebuilding it again. Oh, and she had a very particular way about how it should be built--I just couldn't get it right, thank goodness I had Ella to show me how!
Monday, February 15, 2010
A Motorboat?
Ella has quiet time every afternoon on our bed while Maggie takes her afternoon nap. She picks out a couple armfuls of books and reads them and sings for about an hour and half or so. A few days ago I went in to get her when quiet time was over and this is what I found:

I asked her what she was doing. She said she had built a motorboat with her books. She asked me to come get in so we could take the motorboat over to the choo-choo train. I thought it was so funny and so creative. I don't know what made her think to do that--we have never used her books to build anything and we have never really talked about motorboats! The only thing I can figure is she had motorboats in her head from a song Grandma Holbrook sang to her at Christmas time. I just love getting the chance to peek inside the mind of a 2 1/2 year old! We then spent the next half hour or so riding on the motorboat, taking it apart and rebuilding it again. Oh, and she had a very particular way about how it should be built--I just couldn't get it right, thank goodness I had Ella to show me how!
I asked her what she was doing. She said she had built a motorboat with her books. She asked me to come get in so we could take the motorboat over to the choo-choo train. I thought it was so funny and so creative. I don't know what made her think to do that--we have never used her books to build anything and we have never really talked about motorboats! The only thing I can figure is she had motorboats in her head from a song Grandma Holbrook sang to her at Christmas time. I just love getting the chance to peek inside the mind of a 2 1/2 year old! We then spent the next half hour or so riding on the motorboat, taking it apart and rebuilding it again. Oh, and she had a very particular way about how it should be built--I just couldn't get it right, thank goodness I had Ella to show me how!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hey Heather,
I'm going private. Want to keep reading my blog? Send me your email=I'm not sure if I have it.
~michelle
love this! cute ella bella
you name what craft you want to do and i will see if i can help ya...haha! you are tooo nice since really what you say is not true! anyways, i talked to josh about a girls night out and i asked him to look at when his next big test is so he is going to let me know tonight. want to get together next thursday the 25th with the kids? i dont know what to do yet...maybe something new? or we go to a bakery or something...i dont know but lets get together.
That is so cute! What a creative little girl. Isn't it wonderful to see them use their imaginations? I love it!
what a creative little girl you have :)
Post a Comment