Mostly for my own journaling purposes, but read on if you would like. . .
It's a month past due but I have yet to put down my thoughts on our little Ella turning 3. If I were to describe Ella in one word, I would choose sweet. She really is such a little sweetheart. She has a great spirit about her and really just wants to make people happy. Now, of course she is 3, so this is not true ALL of the time. But overall I am impressed with her good-natured disposition. She is a very good big sister to Maggie. Ella loves to help. If I let her, she would want to help me with everything I do in the day. Anytime there is a need mentioned, she is the first one to jump out and say "I'll do it!" Especially when it comes to her sister. She really tries her best to help Maggie and get her what she needs to be happy, whether it is toys, food, or drinks. She still does not get out of her bed at night--ever! When she wakes up in the morning, she just lays in bed until I come in and get her. (I know we won't have that same luck with Maggie). I keep waiting for that to all change one day, but really I think she just has a desire to be obedient and do what she is supposed to. Ella loves to sing and dance. She sings almost everywhere we go in the car, at the grocery store, wherever--unless, of course, some one looks at her and asks her to sing! She makes up her own songs--but not just with nonsense--she will sing the same songs that she makes up over and over again. We love hearing them! She is also very much into pretty dresses right now. She wants to wear a dress almost everyday. For her birthday I told her we would go shopping and she could pick out any one toy she wanted. She wanted a new dress, so that is what we got her. Almost every day she wants her hair in french braids and wants to wear a dress--so I thought these pictures taken at the park would do well to show who Ella is right now!


She is learning so much right now and is constantly asking questions. She always wants to know what time it is, what we are going to do next, what letter each thing we see starts with, what day it is and what day comes next, and where is Daddy and when will he be coming home. She loves having friends and always wants to go see people and have them come over to our house. I think it will be very good for her when we start preschool in the Fall. She misses family alot and asks almost daily if we can drive to Utah and see her aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents. I just wish I could get her there sooner!
She is learning so much right now and is constantly asking questions. She always wants to know what time it is, what we are going to do next, what letter each thing we see starts with, what day it is and what day comes next, and where is Daddy and when will he be coming home. She loves having friends and always wants to go see people and have them come over to our house. I think it will be very good for her when we start preschool in the Fall. She misses family alot and asks almost daily if we can drive to Utah and see her aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents. I just wish I could get her there sooner!
Our little Ella is also pretty shy around those she doesn't know it is hard to get her to say a word if she doesn't know you and she does not like being the center of attention. Sometimes I find myself getting frustrated with her not speaking up and not standing up for herself around other people, but lately I have been reminding myself more of all the amazing qualities that come with that. For example, she is far more patient and less selfish than other children her age. At swimming lessons the kids' (including Ella) favorite thing to do is jump into the pool to their teacher. All the kids line up by the side of the pool, Ella is usually the first one out. Meanwhile the kids proceed to push each other out of the way and beg to have their turn to jump while Ella waits and waits. She doesn't seem to get upset at all (it's mommy who is saying "give her a turn" under my breath while watching) but just waits and lets the other kids go.
She will just stand their patiently until her teacher asks her if she wants to go, then she will excitedly say yes and jump in. What other 3-year-old would be so patient? When she has friends over to play she is always asking them what toy they want and will give them ANYTHING they want to play with--even if it is her favorite. She will also try and get them water and snacks as much as she can and make sure they are happy. I hope this is a trait she will always have--I just love it that she really truly wants others to be happy!We don't know what we would do without our Ella Bella. She is such an important part of our family and I'm sure she will continue to be a blessing throughout her life. I'm so glad she joined our family 3 years ago!
2 comments:
Happy late Birthday Bella! She is sucha sweet little girl and just from getting to see her from a few of our family get togethers. I wish I had a sweet little kid like that who is so eager to learn and help out!
Happy Birthday sweet Ella Bella!
Post a Comment