Monday, November 8, 2010

18 months

Maggie hit the 18 month mark the end of October. She is now in Nursery!! Yea--we have been waiting for this day for what seems like forever! To say Maggie has a hard time sitting in church is an understatement. She is our little busy body and is always on the go. We are excited that she has now finally developed the attention span to sit with us long enough to read a book. We read so much with Ella as a baby and have often felt terrible that Maggie hasn't had that same experience with us, but our Ella loved books at 6 months old, and Maggie has finally started to enjoy them just in the last 2 months or so. I'm sure though that what she lost in not reading books with us, she has gained through her own exploration of the world.

She has discovered so many things that I never knew existed and climbed to heights even Ella hasn't. We have had to move the rocking chair from her room as she learned how to get in and out of her crib by climbing on it. She figured out how to climb out of her pak-n-play at my parents' house this last trip to Utah. . .luckily this skill has not yet transferred over to her crib (now that the chair is moved) and we hope she won't figure this out for a LONG time! She still HATES going to bed and will yell at me when I leave the room after putting her down for a nap or bedtime--luckily it usually only lasts for a minute or two and then she talks herself to sleep.

She is very FRIENDLY and loves being around other kids and waving and blowing kisses to anyone she meets. She is also pretty INDEPENDENT and doesn't really cling to me around new people as her older sister did at this age. She has an AMAZING GIGGLE and infectious SMILE. She gives GREAT HUGS. She loves her big sister and always wants to be with her, but she has also taken on the role of being a TEASE, which Ella hasn't quite gotten used to yet. She is a happy little girl and we are so thankful for the ENERGY and LIFE she brings to our family.

Enjoy some pics of her MANY FACES at 18 months . . .








5 comments:

Jessica Draper said...

Those pictures are adorable!!! She is so cute and growing so fast!!

Red said...

how do you get the circle fade frame around those pics?

Melanie said...

So cute!! I don't know what it is, but I do think that Maggie and Heidi look alike.

Catherine said...

She is so cute! I'm glad Nathan is not the only one making grumpy faces... when he rolls his eyes up and wrinkles his brow, he just looks so exasperated and we all laugh SO hard!

Your girls are adorable! I'm glad you had a fun trip to Utah.

Courtney said...

great pics Heather! I recognize some of those actions! Good job.

Maggie is adorable. Can't believe she is 18 months already.