Well the big night came and what do you know, little Ella clammed up and couldn't get out any words to Santa (but at least she and Maggie were happy to sit on his lap)!

On the way home we asked Ella how Santa would know what to bring her? She replied that she would write him a letter and tell him (something she is very into lately). First thing she did this morning when she woke up was get out a piece of paper and proceed to write Santa about what she wanted for Christmas. I can't believe she even remembered--I guess she must have been dreaming about it all night.
She wrote a letter from her and one from Maggie all on her own. She asked me how to spell words, but other than that these were her creations. I was pretty impressed!
(Here is the translation)
Santa
1. High chair (for her babies)
2. Princess
3. Computer
Ella
Santa
Train
Dog
Giraffe
Maggie
Santa didn't know about these things that "Maggie wanted"--we'll have to see if he can come up with it all or if maybe he finds something that Maggie likes even more!
2 comments:
She is so cute! I love those first attempts at writing - somehow you can see exactly what is going on inside her little head. What a smartie, and what a sweet sister she is to write one for Maggie too!
I got your card today - thanks! I love it, we miss you guys tons!
Ella is doing very well with writing, and I'm sure that Santa will be able to translate it all to bring the goods...Perhaps I can pick up a stuffed dog for Maggie here, as they have some cute ones at Rite Aid. Mom
Post a Comment