

I wanted to do a 2 year old photo shoot with her while Ella was at preschool, but all she wanted to do was run away from the camera and cover up her face. I decided that since it was her birthday, I should honor her wishes so we will have to do that shoot sometime soon.
She requested waffles for breakfast and peanut butter and honey sandwiches for lunch. I wanted to make the day special for her even though Brad had to work for most of it so we invited some friends over for some lunch and cupcakes. I kept asking Maggie what kind of cake she wanted for her birthday and even showed her dozens of pictures of cakes on the computer, but over and over again she insisted she wanted "chotlat cups with blue frost and sprink", I finally caved in and just decided to keep it simple since that is what she really wanted.
I had planned on having the kids all play in the backyard but since our patio is still under construction and the wind was blowing we ended up moving the fun inside. I blew up the big air bouncer and the kids went crazy. Maggie loved it and we ended up keeping the air on almost the entire day!




Maggie got very shy when we all sang Happy Birthday to her and wouldn't look up at the camera. She must have liked it after all though, because she has asked me to sing Happy Birthday to her numerous times since!
When Brad got home we had pizza and breadsticks for dinner (again at Maggie's request), opened presents, sang happy birthday, and had some more cupcakes. Ella gave Maggie a Dora backpack (which I think gave her the biggest smile of the night) and Brad and I got her a water table for the backyard, a new sand toy, and some bubbles. I think she was a happy girl. Happy Birthday Maggie, we sure do love you big girl!

1 comment:
Her shirt says it all - One Cutie. Happy birthday!
Love, Grandma and Grandpa H.
Post a Comment