Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Preschool Graduation

Ella had a little end of the year preschool graduation this past week.
We have been part of a "Mom's Preschool" group with some friends from our ward here. There are six of us moms who rotate through teaching preschool at our house 2 days a week every six weeks. We have gone through all the letters of the alphabet, numbers 1-25, along with rotating themes each week. I have really enjoyed being a part of this preschool group and will miss it a ton next year. I have really gotten excited to teach when my turn comes up and love planning lessons and activities that I know Ella will enjoy. I think I will try to do the same thing with all of our kids when they are 3.

Ella has also really enjoyed preschool. She has learned so much--she can write all the letters of the alphabet along with all of the names in our family (including baby). She knows all of the days of the week, months of the year, the pledge of allegience, and has learned so much more! She loves her preschool friends and their moms who have taught her each week. It has helped her to really come out of her shell this year and I would no longer describe her as "shy" (although she still has her moments of shyness. . .like when she is assigned to give a talk in primary). I think it was the perfect thing for us both and really helped us make an easy transition to this new city and state. She will still be going to one more year of preschool, but some of the other kids are moving on to kindergarten so we thought this would be a fun way to celebrate all they have learned this year.






No comments: