Monday, June 27, 2011

Swim Lessons

The girls have been doing swim lessons this summer at the community pool. They love it! I entered Maggie in the preschool class (even though she is not technically old enough for it yet) and she has been doing great. Ella has graduated from the preschool class to Wave 1 and has been progressing a lot with her swimming. We finish our last session this week. Part of me wants to register her for another round (we've already done 2)as she has learned so much, but I feel I can't do that for her and not Maggie and I don't really want to pay for both of them again! Is that terrible or what?

These pictures were all taken early on in the session. Ella is now to the point where she can push off the wall and kick to her teacher with her head in the water. Considering the fact that she didn't even want to put her face in the water the first day, we are proud of her and how far she has come. She has really embraced the idea of being brave and trying new things that are a little bit scary for her. Maggie's swim lessons are more about having fun and getting used to the water. I think she could do the bigger kid class, but she is a little too small and needs to brush up on her listening skills a bit.









No comments: