During the day Ella had to wait for Daddy to get home from work before she could open her presents. So we went out for some fun. We visited the carousel at the mall and then went swimming with some friends (her request).


We opened presents when Daddy got home from work. Among her favorites were a Belle doll from Maggie and a bike from Mommy and Daddy. She was also spoiled by grandparents and her aunts and uncles. We then headed off to Chili's for her birthday dinner.


This next picture makes me laugh because I watched Brad as the girls were so excited to play with the Belle doll with him. He was such a good sport to join their pretend world, but the whole time I kept thinking, "I bet he wishes he was playing with Star Wars figurines instead". Right after I thought this I went to take a picture and the look on his face confirmed my thoughts. I sure hope someday he has a little boy to play with so he can even out all the time he now has to play with dolls and babies! If that happens, I guess that's still a long way off so it's a good thing he doesn't show it much!

On Saturday we had a little party with some of her favorite friends. We got out the pool, slip n slide, and sprinkler, and of course, water balloons and had a fun day out playing in the water. All her friends were really cute and wanted to sit by her at lunch, opening presents, and when we had cake. I think it made Ella feel really special and she seemed to enjoy the extra attention. I'm glad we did the water games because it was SO HOT on her birthday.

The strawberry ice cream cake she requested started melting really fast and the strawberries wouldn't stay on long enough for pictures and blowing out candles, but at least it still tasted yummy.

It was fun to celebrate Ella's birthday weekend with her and listen to Maggie sing "Happy Birthday" to Ella the whole time! I think Ella had a great 4th birthday!
3 comments:
I'm pretty sure Brad enjoys playing with dolls. If I remember correctly, he always had a few stashed under his bed growing up that he played with when he thought nobody was looking.
What fun for Ella and the rest of you. And if Brad dislikes playing with dolls and babies, why is he an OB-GYN? I'm really glad he's such a good sport. And the girls absolutely adore him. What a great family both of you have created...Mom
I can't believe Ella is 4 Happy Birthday Ella! I hope you get a new baby sister really soon!
Post a Comment