I got out my camera and followed the girls around as they were playing this morning. In the 10 minutes I was taking pictures I feel I was able to capture their personalities as I see them right now. I've always been amazed at the difference between Ella and Maggie. Ella is still pretty shy and quiet. Maggie is spunky and wild. I hope the two rub off on each other as they grow and balance each other out. Maggie can help Ella come out of her shell a little more, while Ella's calmness and obedience can influence Maggie.
Ella was in her own little world talking to herself in the backyard. She said I scared her when I snuck up on her. She had just jumped from off the top of our playground and I heard her tell herself, "I can't believe it! I can't believe I did it and landed on my feet!" (I pretended I didn't hear her, but smiled on the inside)
Maggie was so excited for the piece of gum she found (I'm still not sure where) and was proudly chomping on her treasure and hanging upside down from a chair and giggling. This girl has some sort of radar detector for candy and sweets. Somehow she always seems to find them, and as much as Brad may try to sneak a bite of something yummy when Maggie is not looking, she somehow always seems to know (even if she is in a completely separate room) and comes begging for a taste herself!
And then there is Hadley. Who, for now, smiles and sits and watches it all. Which one is she going to take after? Or will she be an entirely different little person than her bigger sisters?



No comments:
Post a Comment