Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy Halloween!

We waited until a night we had Daddy around to carve our pumpkins (since Momma HATES cleaning the pumpins out).  In fact, I opted for a Mr. Potato Head pumpkin this year so I could decorate it without getting all gooey.  The girls always love wearing Daddy's t-shirts anytime we do something messy.  They designed what they wanted their pumpkins to look like on Brad's Ipad and then went to work carving their masterpieces.

We celebrated by going to our ward Trunk-or-Treat on Saturday followed by a Halloween party at our friends', The Wrights, house with yummy food and trick-or-treating on Halloween night.  I made my traditional "dinner in a pumpkin" and ended up having to clean out a pumpkin for that anyway.

Ella was a ladybug, but no ordinary ladybug, she insisted she was a "ladybug fairy".  Maggie was a bumblebee, and Hadley was the cutest little butterfly around.  You can't tell from the picture, but Brad and I dressed up as "Pest Control" and borrowed our uniforms and hats from a friend here who does that on the side in the summer.  Our family theme of costumes was almost ruined by Maggie who informed us she did NOT want to be a bumblebee, but wanted to be Cookie Monster instead.  I held firm, and she eventually came around and got excited about a bumblebee and stinging people.



Hope you all had a Happy Halloween!

No comments: