Our Hadley Bear turned 5 months the day after Christmas. She is pretty much sitting on her own now. . .not enough that I can leave her there, but enough that as long as I am sitting next to her to catch the occasional top-heaviness of her head one way or another she is good.
She has rolled a couple of times, but not enough to show that she is doing it intentionally. She is still swaddled when she sleeps and has graduated to two long naps in a day with 2-3 hours of awake time in between.
I haven't introduced her to rice cereal yet--what's the rush til she hits that 6 month mark, right? But I have given her a few nibbles of bread here and there, and let her suck on an apple slice every once and awhile and she has been thrilled with that.
She loves doing raspberries and has discovered her voice. Instead of the aahs and oohs from a month ago, we get loud shreiks and yells when she wants our attention.
She has started REFUSING to take a bottle. It put a bit of a damper on our anniversary plans after Christmas. She was taking one earlier on, but I think we went too long without giving her one and now she wants nothing to do with it. (And believe me, Brad and I gave it a valiant effort)
She is still SMOTHERED with affection by her sisters, especially by Maggie, who has yet to discover any type of boundaries with personal space. For all my harping on Maggie about it though, it does make Hads giggle like crazy when Maggie's hair is all up in her face...
She is so fun to have around and we love her with all our hearts!
Love this "about to cry" face. . .no more pictures please! Her eyes are very watery, which seems to happen with her every time she gets a cold (she's on her 3rd one now, thanks to older sisters). Her eyes are just constantly filled with water, never happened with my other babes, so it's new to me, but doesn't seem to bother her much!


2 comments:
Oh! Those big BLUE eyes! She is beautiful!
She is so pretty! You had such a fun Christmas. Santa brought Nathan a kitchen, too. He loves it! Our boys got the kidizoom camera last year, it is GREAT! That thing seems to be indestructible, and it IS fun to see their perspective through the pictures they take! Not to mention the funny hats and moustaches they can add... I'm so glad you had a great Christmas!
Post a Comment