Monday, March 12, 2012

Trained by Daddy

As a result of a conversation last week I realized that my girls had never tried a snickerdoodle before and didn't even know what one was.  We make a lot of cookies around here, but 95% of those are chocolate chip cookies since those are Daddy's favorite and he tends to be supremely disappointed if I make anything else. 
Well, I decided that despite Brad's wishes, it was about time my girls tried a snickerdoodle!  As I was finishing with the dough I began rolling them into balls and dipping them in cinnamon and sugar when Ella started watching what I was doing.  As she saw me start to put them on the cookie sheet, she said, "Mom, you forgot the chocolate chips!"  I told her that I did not forget the chocolate chips, but that I was making a different kind of cookie today--a snickerdoodle, and those do not have chocolate chips in them.  She replied, "but Mom, cookies aren't good without chocolate chips in them!" 
I am proud to say that even amid skepticism from more than one in our family, we all enjoyed the "nicker-noodles" (as Maggie calls them), and I was able to prove to my family that sometimes a little change can be nice too!

4 comments:

Conrad S said...

Did Brad put Nutella on the Snickedoodle to make up for the lack of chocolate chips?

Courtney said...

or powdered sugar? :):)

Brad said...

I actually took two snicker doodles and stuck them together with nutella and peanut butter, then sprinkled (i.e. caked) powdered sugar over the top, making a delicious dessert sandwich. You guys would have been proud.

Conrad S said...

Brad, you should have then dunked the whole thing in chocolate (like a magic shell coating) and then done the powdered sugar.

BTW, you didn't really do the peanut butter and nutella did you? If you did I'm going to right you an RX for a high flouride toothpaste.