Friday, November 2, 2012

Halloween

We had fun celebrating Halloween this year.  No one requested a princess/fairy costume this year, which I think is pretty amazing with a house-full of girls!  I enjoy this holiday but HATE the amount of money that can be spent on costumes and accessories!  Ella wanted to be a pirate and Maggie wanted to be a cowgirl, and Hadley was nice enough to not care what she was--until she decided she hated the feathers, that is!  A total of $8 later my girls had their costumes. . .nothing super fancy, but it works and I think they looked super cute, how about you?
The weekend before Halloween we spent at Ella's school for the BOO BASH.  Brad and I had a date night planned that night (babysitter arranged and all)--our first in at least 6 months I think, but when Ella was so excited and persuasive about going to the Boo Bash we decided we couldn't let her down and our date would have to wait.  We can be good parents too!
On Halloween night we had a spooky Halloween dinner with our friends the Wappetts and then went trick-or-treating in our neighborhood.  I don't remember the girls ever enjoying it so much!  They were giddy and giggling as they ran and skipped up to every porch.  We now have WAY too much candy around here as a result of it!  I'm currently trying to find anyone I can to pawn it off on so I don't end up eating it all myself!



Ella and her teachers, Miss Sammy and Ms. Donna





2 comments:

The Hill Family said...

Very Cute!

Courtney said...

so cute! I love all their costumes.

I too hate the amount of money spent an a costume...this years for our boys was all Conrad...he went all out and bought the costumes without even telling me what they were going to be....luckily both boys were very pleased with what dad chose, but it was expensive...definitely won't happen for many more years.