Since it seems I am the lucky mom who's kids all stop taking naps just after their second birthday, I have become a pretty strict enforcer of "quiet time" everyday while Hadley is taking her nap. Usually Maggie has quiet time by herself since Ella is in school for the full day, but over Christmas break they were able to have quiet time together. Oftentimes they will play games or Ella will read Maggie books, or they will pretend they are on one adventure or another. On this last day before Ella went back to school, I peeked in on them while they were playing school. Both Ella and Maggie were the teachers and they had stuffed animals set up on chairs as their students. They were very serious about it and I enjoyed watching them in their own little world.
P.S. One goal I have for the new year is to take a couple of pictures each week of the "regular" everyday events occurring around our house and document those better on here (even if there is a mess in the background or the lighting is terrible--which it always is in my dark house). Consider this my first installment!



2 comments:
I think pictures of the "every day" things are SO important. I KNOW my kids will enjoy looking on those types of pictures when they are grown.
Your girls are so cute...I love how they were playing school with their animals.
They play very differently than my boys:) Lucy will have to maybe come live with you guys.:)
Oh, I feel so inspired after reading this for many reasons...
1) Need to implement "quiet time" into our lives
2) Need to document the every day stuff more often.
Really lovely to catch up on your happy lives. xoxox
Post a Comment