Tuesday, February 5, 2013

18 months

 
This little bug turned 18 months at the end of January.  She is still the size of a 12 month old and is not even 20 lbs yet (but she's close).  Brad lovingly calls her our little midget.  She LOVES her big sisters and gets so excited to see them---especially when Ella comes home from school.  When she sees that car pull up she squeals and giggles with delight and claps her hands waiting for Ella to get out of the car.  She LOVES giving hugs and kisses and loves to be tickled (especially by Daddy).  She wants Momma's attention all of the time, but if I'm not around she is happy with anyone.  She's starting to surprise me by adding a new word to her vocabulary every couple of days now.  She LOVES animals, but is scared to death of them at the same time.  She is starting to establish her independence and let us know exactly what she wants when she wants it.  We are always working on trying to get her to eat more food--she would eat candy all day long if we would let her, but somehow I don't think that will help her grow the way we want her to!  She wasn't too snuggly as a baby, but now she LOVES to snuggle and cozy up to anyone who will let her.  She is so fun to have around and we love her to pieces!
 
I realized a week or two late that I hadn't taken any pictures of her at 18 months yet, but I've just been running around too much lately and feel like I never have the time.  Plus, it's cold outside and the lighting in our house is terrible so I kept not getting it done.  Excuses, excuses! I finally took her out today and got some quick pics in about 5 minutes before she decided it was too windy and cold.  I'm just glad I got something before this little bug doesn't look 18 months anymore! 
 

 I love this picture because it shows off "the look" that she so often will give to others.  She could win a staring contest any day of the week with anyone.  When she decides you deserve the look (usually after you tell her no when she really wants something) she will give it to you and not blink or look away until you do.  It's pretty darn funny!


 

1 comment:

Conrad S said...

She's cute. I don't remember her being noticeably tiny at Disneyland. But that was a year ago. Our chubby little Lucy might pass her up soon. :)