Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Ice Skating

We had Brad's resident retreat this last weekend in Santa Fe.  We stayed in a hotel that had what Ella called "a cafeteria breakfast".  She was so excited for this breakfast that she woke me up at 5am asking if it was time to go get breakfast yet.  I told her to go back to bed. 
Beyond the breakfast, other highlights included swimming in the hotel pool, going out to dinner, and Ella losing her front tooth while she slept.   On Saturday we took the girls ice skating at a local rink in the 65 degree weather.  Ella and Maggie loved it  and were super tough after numerous falls on the ice.  Hadley hated it, even though she did not fall once since she never skated and only held on to the "walker" and cried and cried!  Oh well, you can't please everyone I guess.
 
Lowlights included me being stuck in the hotel room with all the kids for endless hours while Brad attended meetings, Hadley ice skating, and getting woken up more than 6 or 7 times throughout the night to "help" a different child each time.  It was tiring, but fun, as family outings always are with these little ones.
 
Wish we could afford to take the older two ice skating more or get them some lessons as they would certainly love it--but it is definitely not a cheap hobby!  :)
 
 


 




1 comment:

Catherine said...

Heather, that is so great! Your girls are adorable, and it looks like they had a great time. I think I would need a walker for the ice, too! I love how Brad is skating with the baby carrier strapped on.

Every time we go to the temple, the highlight for our boys is breakfast at the hotel! :)