Thursday, June 21, 2007

The Baby's Room!




Well, I am very excited to say that after a long wait and a lot of work the baby's room is now finished! (Almost anyway, there are always a few finishing touches I hope to complete before she arrives. . .but I've got to wait until pay day!)As I am not a real big pink person (and Brad definitely feels more comfortable without the color around him)we decided to go with some different colors for our decorating. I found this bedding set called Alphabet Soup with tons of fun colors on it. I just fell in love with it. It also appealed to my more practical side as I figured we could use it for a boy or a girl (planning ahead for down the road). We painted the walls in the room a deep red and then used mostly orange and some sage as accent colors. I think it turned out pretty cute. . .hopefully I will still think so in a month or two. Now we just need a little baby to come along and enjoy it!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute room. I didn't remember it had two windows. It looks so different now!

I'm glad you're going with the stronger color rather than a washed out version of your Ute heritage!

Courtney said...

I love love the baby's room. I actually have a quilt just like that for Weston, it is the Alphabet quilt from pottery barn and I got it for the same exact reasons, (neutral, for a boy or girl, lots of colors, etc..) I love the room, you guys did a great great job. I am so excited you guys joined the blogging world! I will add you to our blog list!!! Yeahhh! Oh heather, you look so so cute pregnant. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

This is from mom--who really can figure out how to click on a link, you know! I love the room, too, and really like the color. The rug you put down will be fun for Ella to crawl around on when she gets old enough to do that.

Jeff said...

Good job on the room Brad, I was surprised on how much time it took to put Emily's together, and it sounded the same for you.

Anonymous said...

Not a pink person...what about our quest for hot pink at Battle?!
Way to go on the room, it looks cute!- This is a fun time of anticipation. Can't wait for us both!