Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Harbor Fest 2007





One of our favorite events every year out here is Harbor Fest. It is a fun weekend on the pier in Downtown Norfolk (and it's all free!). A bunch of ships come in from all over the country and even the world and dock in the harbor for everyone to see and tour. Along with it there are always tons of free concerts and fireworks in the evening. This festival is also the place where Brad first fell in love with Deep Fried Twinkies and Deep Fried Snickers Bars (a true delicacy in the South). The festival is generally held the first or second weekend in June--in case any of you want to make vacation plans out here next time around! This year was extra fun because they were honoring the 400th anniversary of Jamestown by having only old-fashioned tall ships in port. Brad really thought these were great. . .maybe they took him back to his youthful days when he dreamed of being a pirate! Argh!

6 comments:

Gpa Holbrook said...

So when is it next year?

Heather said...

I'm not sure yet, but now that you mention it, it may be one of the weekends surrounding the cruise when you guys are out here! Worth looking into. . .if they haven't set up official dates yet, they probably would have them by the time you need to make flight plans!

Jeff said...

Looking good Heather, Brad, you look like a bum, you should shave at least once a week (like I do).

Anonymous said...

Heather, it's nice to see you actually look pregnant now! I guess it's for real ;>)

Jeff said...

Also, upon closer look, I like the flag in the background of Brad's pic, way to represent!

Snarr Family said...

You look so cute Heath!!! You look good preggers. Anyways, this is such a great idea. I love reading about how you are doing. I also love Ella's room. It's nice to see a non-traditional room. (You know, not pink) We can't wait to see you guys once Ella has arrived. We love Ya.