Saturday, August 11, 2007

The Grilling Machine


Last summer, when we bought our house, we decided to get Brad his very own grill. Well, he decided he wanted one, and begged and pleaded until I caved (Me caving involved Brad promising to cook one night a week on the grill). Anyway, since then I would say barbecuing has become somewhat of a hobby for Brad and he has actually gotten quite good at it. He keeps trying new recipes and always impresses me with how great they taste. My favorite so far is his recipe for corn on the cob on the grill, but he is most fond of his New York Strip Steaks. When we had our families out here he got to show off by cooking 15 steaks for all of our guests. He was very proud to stand in front of the grill and see all of that meat cooking beautifully. And I must say--it turned out quite well. Now, I realize what a blessing this grill is for me. Anytime I don't feel like cooking I can always use the excuse of "I really feel like something on the barbecue tonight!"

6 comments:

Courtney said...

Yum yum yum....there something about men and their grills and meat:) Looks good Brad....when can we come over and have some steaks?

Anonymous said...

I still have fond memories of our visit, and even though I loved the steak, I must say I miss little Ella much more!

The Hill Family said...

Brad, you'll have to give Ben all of your grilling recipes... especially your yummy corn. Heather raves about it.

Brad said...

Mortney, any time you guys are willing to make the trip all the way out here, I'm willing to grill up some steaks!

Gpa Holbrook said...

Just remember who paid for those steaks. Steve and I should get some credit. Noooo, we won't pay for you to cook them for others. We look forward to coming again BUT to see Ella, not the steaks -- sorry Brad, you have been upstaged by your daughter.
Gpa H

Ed said...

Cute kid, but that grill is awesome! After perusing your blog, I was beginning to think that Ella was the sole focus of your lives. I'm glad to see you have some balance in your lives.