Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Four Generations



My mother and grandmother were able to make the trip out here this past weekend and visit with us. It was so much fun to have them here. I was especially thrilled that my grandmother was able to come. She has had what has seemed like endless health problems lately and faced surgery after surgery. However this last surgery, a hip replacement surgery, has left her feeling better than she has in a long time. Before I thought there was no way she would be feeling up to traveling--especially when it takes a full day to get here by plane. So ever since I heard that she was able and excited to come out here with my mom I have been eagerly awaiting their visit. We decided we had to take a picture of four generations of women in our family for posterity's sake--Bull, Thomas, Draper,and now Holbrook. It was nice to have more family out here to visit with and it was so nice to just spend time catching up. All the visitors out here have made us feel like maybe we are not so far from home after all!

4 comments:

Courtney said...

Great picture Heather....glad that you had fun with your mom and grandmother...I bet they loved Ella....miss you guys already it really was so fun to hang out with you...

Gpa Holbrook said...

You have had a couple of wonderful weeks. Family and friends make life worth living. The picture is fantastic and Ella will treasure it in about 20 years. Look forward to seeing you at Christmas

Anonymous said...

What a great picture, seriously that is a neat moment to capture. Ella is getting cuter and cuter. When are you coming to Utah? I'd love to get together.

Snarr Family said...

How fun!! I bet you loved having them out to visit. Your Grandma is so cute.